1. These are the general rules. Please visit the ladders page for ladder-specific rules and server settings.
2. All rules are subject to change at GWL’s discretion. It is the responsibility of each player and Team Captain to know and understand the rules set forth in each ladder.
3. By registering on the Ghost War League website you hereby agree to know and abide by these rules to the best of your ability.
1. Team Captains are responsible for creating and managing their own teams.
2. A registered player may play on one and only one team per ladder per platform.
3. There is no minimum time a player must have been a member of a team before they are eligible to play on a Ladder.
4. Multiple registrations are prohibited. Each player may only have one GWL account.
5. Unregistered players are not permitted to play on any GWL Ladder nor may they sub in during a match.
6. Players are required to play under the gamer tag alias they used when signing up on the ladder. This is your Uplay, PlayStation Network, or Xbox Live user ID. Playing under any other alias while matching in a ladder is prohibited.
7. A valid working email address is required for all registered players.
8. Usernames or team names are prohibited from containing terms or phrases which are vulgar, sexually explicit, or offensive in nature. Using such names will result in your team being deleted from the ladder.
1. Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War with the latest updated version is required for matching.
2. Any software required by Ubisoft for cheat-free gameplay, including Easy-anticheat, is also required for matching on GWL.
3. Any and all cheating or hacking software is scrictly prohibited. This includes software that manipulates gameplay, alters memory, alters files, or any other 3rd party hack or cheat.
4. Glitching inside of walls or objects is prohibited. If you accidentally fall into or glitch into an object, you must attempt to free yourself from the glitch or notify the other team that you are glitched using in-game chat. You are not permitted to battle in the match while glitched, or use glitches to hide in effort to force a draw.
5. If Ubisoft takes the online servers down for maintenance during a match which causes client disconnects, the match shall be replayed at both teams earliest convenience, using the same maps and time/weather settings.
IV. MATCH REPORTING
1. The Winner of a match is tasked with reporting the match via the Report page within 30 minutes of the end of the match, the loser must then confirm.
2. For the Rush and Tactical ladders, the losing team captain must confirm the match loss within 24 hours using the reports page or a loss will be charged to the team and 1 strike issued.
3. For the Multiclass ladders, the losing individual or team must confirm defeat within 1 hour via the reports page or a loss will be charged and 1 strike issued.
4. Winners must post a screenshot when reporting the loss. The loser should also take a screenshot, in case of a dispute.
5. For the 4v4 Tactical ladder, each team is to take a screenshot at the end of each round and save it, but only the final map/round screenshot is to be submitted. Save the others in case of a dispute!
6. If a winning team submits a match with the wrong score, or submits a win against the wrong team, please contact that team and have them delete the match and resubmit it. If you cannot, then feel free to dispute the match and the admins will handle it. Please be sure to save a screenshot of the match score.
V. DISCIPLINARY ACTION
1. If you are caught cheating, you will be username/email/IP permanently banned.
2. If you are banned, and find a way to bypass our ban, and we find out, you will be banned again.
3. If you are caught “playing the system” and matching yourself with second accounts on the 1v1, or any ladder, you will be banned.
4. GWL reserve the right to suspend or ban players who violate any of these rules, forum rules, or discord rules. So keep the rules, have fun, and don’t cheat!
5. If your team is issued 3 strikes for failure to report within the allotted time frame, your team will be deleted from the ladder the offense was committed on, and you must start over. A suspension may also be issued at admin discretion for abusing the system.
VI. SEASONAL (CURRENT S02) PRO LEAGUE LADDER & TOURNAMENT
- PRO LEAGUE REGISTRATION:
- a) Team Captains are required to create a new team used only for the Pro League with a maximum of 6 players on the roster. The new team is to be prefixed with “PRO” i.e. “PRO Alpha Squad.” Captains may use this team for each Pro Season they participate in.
- b) Each team is required to pay a $20 registration fee to register for the Pro League. The team registration page can be found by clicking this link: PAY TEAM REGISTRATION FEE. Teams must also sign up on the Pro Ladder of the console they will be participating on so long as that ladder is “Accepting Registrations.” Teams which play on say XB1 and PS4 and PC may participate on one, two, or all three Pro Ladders, but are required to pay the registration fees for each platform ladder they wish to participate on.
- c) Team Registration Fees will only be refunded if fewer than six total teams are registered at the start of the season for the selected platform/console (PC, PS4, XB1).
- PRO LEAGUE ROSTERS
- a) Rosters are capped at 6 players for the Pro Ladder Season. Teams may have as few as 2 and as many as 6 players on their roster. Team Captains may remove and add players during the ladder season (Team Captain cannot be removed) but teams may not exceed 6 players on their rosters nor have less than 2 players at any time once the season officially begins.
- b) Teams which advance to the Pro Tournament must finalize their rosters to not less than 2 and not more than 6 players. These finalized players need to be available for the Pro Tournament scheduled dates and times. Roster changing will no longer be permissible once the tournament begins.
- c) The finalized six players on the championship team’s roster are the only players eligible for the tournament prizes.
- d) Team Captains are responsible for the actions and sportsmanship of their players.
- e) Subbing during a match between rounds is permitted if a player drops during the match.
- PRO LEAGUE RANKING & SCORING
- a) Teams are awarded 10 points for a win, and 5 points for a draw with 60 being the season top score a team can achieve during the ten-game season. The top 6 teams on the PS4 ladder and top 12 on the XB1 ladder will advance to the Pro League Tournament
- b) Pro Tournament brackets are arranged in the traditional 1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd seeding. Teams are seeded by rank and ranked first by points, second by DI or RW/RL Differential. If two teams both have 50 points, our tie breaker will be to look at which team has a better DI. A +4 DI team beats out a +3 DI team with points being equal. If both teams have the same DI (e.g. +3/+3) then we will look at their RL/RW % ratio. The team with a higher ratio will beat out a team with a lower RL/RW ratio with points and DI being equal. Lastly, if points, DI, and RL/RW % ratio are equal, we will look at the season matchup between the 2 teams in question. The team who won during the season matchup will then rank higher than the team who lost with all other things being equal. This is how we will determine tournament seeding. Points first, then DI, then RL/RW %, then season matchup winner.
- PRO LEAGUE SCHEDULING & SERVER SETTINGS
- a) Maps, time of day, weather, and custom lobby settings are all chosen by the League for each week of play. You can find this information on the Schedule Page. It is the responsibility of both team captains to make sure the server settings are correct before starting the match. Matches that are not played according to the League server settings are not valid and will not be counted.
- b) Matches are scheduled by the League and teams are given 9 days to play their match. Each week starts on Saturday and ends on Sunday of the following week. If Team A is scheduled to play Team B on week 1, they must play their match between Saturday and Sunday of the following week or they will both be given a draw, with 5 points each. The deadline for matches each week is on Sunday at 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UTC. Teams must play their matches by this time or both teams will be given a draw. It is the responsibility of team captains to schedule their teams matches with the other team captains.
- c) When team captains agree to a time/date for matches, that match date/time needs to be posted in the appropriate Pro League Scheduling channel on Discord. Both Captains need to confirm this date/time.
- d) Pro League Seasons consist of 6 ladder matches over the course of 6 weeks, and a possible 2 additional tournament weekends for a max total of 8 weeks each Pro Season.
- e) Week 1-6 Pro Ladder matches are scheduled by team captains and may be schedule any day of the week within the dates on the schedule. All Week 7-8 Pro Tournament Wildcard, Preliminary, Semi-Finals, and Finals matches will be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays (as needed) at 9pm UTC by the admins. An exception is permitted if the two team captains agree to play their first weekend match on the Friday of that Weekend, they can then play the second (if applicable) on that Saturday. Otherwise, the match time is set at 9pm UTC on Saturday or Sunday.
- PRO LEAGUE FORFEITS, DRAWS, NO SHOWS, & NO CONTEST WINS
- a) No Show Wins. Teams that are no-show for matches on the confirmed date/time (which was confirmed in discord) will be charged a no-show loss. The team who showed needs to contact an admin to report the no show loss. No show losses will only be awarded if the match was confirmed in the Pro League XB1/PS4/PC scheduling channel on discord by both team captains.
- b) No Contest Wins. Teams who do not successfully schedule their match by the end of the week may be awarded a No Contest Win. To do this, a team captain with at least 1 team member must be on Discord in a Match channel ready to match by the deadline of Sunday by 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UTC. If the other team fails to show up, the team who is present and available may contact an admin and request the no contest win. If the other team does show up, there will be a match.
- c) Draws. In the event that neither team matches by the deadline, did not schedule a match, or is not online and contesting the match by the end-of-week deadline, admins will award both teams a draw and both teams will receive 5 points.
- d) Match Forfeits. A team may contact an admin during a scheduled week and request a forfeit. Admins will then report the match with the forfeiting team being charged a loss and the opposing team a win.
- e) Season Forfeits. If a team contacts an admin requesting to forfeit the season, all of their remaining scheduled matches will be forfeit and the opposing teams will receive a win.
- PRO LEAGUE REQUIREMENTS & MISC
- a) Matches must be played with a minimum of 2 players per team and no more than 6. Subbing during a match is permitted between rounds. Teams with less than 2 players at the scheduled time are charged a no-show loss. The scheduled time is the time both teams agreed on to play the match. Team Captains need to communicate with each other prior to the match. A list of team captains contact information will be provided in the team pamphlet prior to the start of the season.
- b) It is the responsibility of the winning team to report the match with the end-of-match/final-score screenshot. Admins will confirm all matches.
- c) A minimum of 6 registered teams per ladder platform are required by GWL to validate a season. If there are less than 6 registered teams on the Pro Ladder by the deadline date, the season for that platform will be cancelled and registration fees refunded to the registrant.
- d) All other rules on the Rules page are valid for the Pro League unless otherwise noted. GhostWarLeague.com reserves the right to alter or change these rules as necessary.
- PRO LEAGUE TOURNAMENT PRIZES
- a) The six players on the championship team of the Pro Tournament each season will each receive $25 in their choice of Xbox Live or PlayStation Network gift cards which will be issued to their email address they registered with on GhostWarLeague.com.
- b) If there are less than six total players on the championship team, then the Team Captain of the championship team will receive the excess prize payouts in the form of $25 gift cards for each player less than six on the championship team’s roster. For a championship team of 5, the TC will receive 1x additional $25 gift cards. For a championship team of 4, the TC will receive 2x additional $25 gift cards. For a championship team of 3, the TC will receive 3x additional $25 gift cards. For a championship team of 2, the TC will receive 4x additional $25 gift cards.
- c) Total prize payout per winning team per tournament is and is not to exceed $150.